“Rashmi Uday Singh’s Good Food Academy”, launched on 10th April 2001, is the first of its kind and is not just for the complete novice but also for the experienced enthusiast. It’s faculty includes star chefs…each one a maestro in his right, qualified instructors from catering colleges, cookbook, authors and more. Each and every session is planned carefully and structured to include practical demonstrations and explanations of techniques and methods. A detailed tasting and also a detailed “Good Food kit” to take home includes a gold mine of useful information and goodies to use in the kitchen.
Rashmi Uday Singh’s Good Food Sunshine WorkshopsThe first of it’s kind, concerted, systematic and effective endeavour to empower women to become self-sufficient in the field of food, was launched. A series of totally free workshops have been structured and these are in great demand. They are held regularly and funded by Rashmi, as this is her expression of gratitude to God and society for all the good times she is having. It is planned to take them to different cities too. The workshops are completely free and available to anyone who phones in.
Rashmi Uday Singh’s Good Food Academy, where structured sessions are held in a state of the art demo-hall. One-off sessions as well as capsules of sessions (with certificates).
It’s faculty includes star chefs…each one a maestro in
his right, qualified instructors from catering colleges, cookbook, authors and more. Each and every
session is planned carefully and structured to include practical demonstrations and explanations of
techniques and methods. A detailed tasting and also a detailed “Good Food kit” to take home includes
a gold mine of useful information and goodies to use in the kitchen.
- GR8 WOMEN ACHIEVERS AWARDSRashmi Uday Singh was conferred with the Great Women Awards 2011 for her extensive body of pioneering work in the field of Culinary Literature. The World Gourmand award winner, TV host & author of 28 books (pioneer of the city restaurant guide in India) Rashmi Uday Singh has been a trail blazer and has represented India in various international forums.The Great Women Awards were constituted by Anu & Shashi Ranjan in the year 2002 to celebrate women achievers. In the first year awardees included Kareena Kapoor, Anoushka Shankar & Raveena Tandon. The awards has grown over the years to include 30 different fields and prominent women like Medha Patkar, Nita Ambani, Sania Mirza, Aishwarya Rai, Sushmita Sen, Barkha Dutt, Naina Lal Kidwai, Joshna Chinappa, Dr. Indira Hinduja, Sheila Dixit, Renuka Chaudhary, Vasundhra Raje Scindia, Mahashweta Devi, Amrita Pritam, Asha Bhonsle, Shovna Narayan, Shabana Azmi, Sitara Devi, Sonal Mansingh, Sitara Devi and many others
Some of the awardees this year include Anuraddha Prasad, social activist Sunita Krishnan, Air Marshal. Padma Bandopadhyaya, Rashmi Uday Singh, Farah Khan Ali, Dr. Shikha Sharma, Raell Padamsee, Nicole Faria, Rina Dhaka, Vandana Luthra, Pony Verma, Raveena Tandon Thadani, (Lifetime) Nimmi Raza, Rani Mukherji, Mamta Sharma, Ambika Soni & Special Award – Bravery Anuradha Gautam.
Our Board of Advisors in 2001
- Ex Principal of the Institute of Catering and Hotel Management Deepak Parekh
- Chairman HDFC Harsh Goenka
- Chairman RPG Enterprises Krishna Sahai
- Additional Commissioner Income Tax Meher Dasondi
- Principal HAFT, Sophia Polytechnic Nelson Wang
- Master Chef and Restaurateur Sunil Shetty
- Restaurateur and Actor UK Mukhopadhyay
- Principal secretary to Deputy Chief Minister for Home and Tourism Chef Vernon Coelho
- Senior Food Instructor at the Hotel Management Institute Dadar, Mumbai.
STAR CHEF, OUR VISITING FACULTY
- Bhicoo Manekshaw, cookbook author
- Eric Lobo, Indigo
- Chef Igor Zago, Oberoi
- Ismay Gomes, Head Of Dept. F & B service IHM – Mumbai
- Kanaklata Morarka, Shree Rajasthani Pakwan